Question

LearningCurve

What's next? I've got my credit score to 700+ with prepaid cards
So about a year ago I set out on my credit building journey. Started by paying off old collections and obtained 2 prepaid credit cards (capital one 300/limit & pnc bank 200/limit). March 2015 my score was 525 and November of 2015 I closed on my first house with a credit score of 726! All of the advise on this fourm helped make that possible! Now my question is what step to take next. Should I apply for some real credit cards now? Wait another year until the cards I have are 'seasoned' before I look for anymore? We bought the house (that was the goal) should I just stop worrying about credit for a while? I would really like to get my score closer to 800 and have at least 1000$ in available credit for emergencies. Thanks for any suggestions.

I agree with jwsister.  But if you want to look at other cards I would check the pre qual sites for Cap1, Amex, Citi or Chase.  Those are pretty solid sites and would let you know if you can get a card from them.

Why?

Sounds like you're getting things done in your life. ...why do you want a "real" credit card?

Edit to add....

....wit everything else you've accomplished last year, just dig in for a little while longer and have that 1000 in savings!

You've utilized this forum, which is okay.  Have you taken advantage of the learning opportunity provided in the articles provided by Credit Karma?  If not, I suggest you do so.  I have a  degree in accounting but learned so much more from these articles that really helped me, and teaching about credit is the primary purpose of Credit Karma.  Take advantage of it, and you will not be sorry.