Question

ChelsBre93

What's next after applying for store credit cards?
I recently applied for a JCPenney & Dillard's store credit card. I have very little to no credit history & just applied to see what the process was like. It's been 3 weeks & I haven't received anything in the mail. I already know I didn't get approved for either but I just want to know how I can see what they did as far as my credit goes. Is there a way to get a report of them peeking into my credit history?

You should receive a letter with 10 business days stating if you were approved or not.  If credit was denied, the letter(s) will state the reason.

Your first step was the wrong one. The first step is to read everything that you can about credit, you will find that store cards for the most part should be avoided. You need to do your homework and then get a Secured Credit Card. Continue to read as there is a lot to know and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.