Question

jessiegereen

Whats a good score to shoot for when wanting to secure an auto loan without a cosigner?
I have a 558 score ( i know terrible, recovering from loosing my job ). I have paid off two accounts which hasn't been reflecting in my score quite yet. So whats the best score to shoot for? I know i had about a 660 before when i had those accounts paid off.

Thanks!

First, make sure you are going by FICO scores as that is what most lenders use. There are lenders out there for all types of credit situations, but you should wait until you have a least a 600 FICO score with the bureau and version the lender will use. Keep in mind that more goes into it than just your score, what is on your credit reports is important as well as your debt to income ratio, among other things.