Question

Kommander

What would you do about this debt?
I have paid off and had removed all my other bad items. Most were small medical bills. This is the last thing I have. I am not really sure how to address it. I can pay it off, the amount is not a problem but I was told it was close to falling off and to let it age off and I was also told it will be near impossible to have it removed even if I paid it off. The only thing I have changed on this image is the name of the school for privacy reasons. Advice?

http://imgur.com/DmFQ462

Most Helpful Response

Since you mentioned "school" in your original post (we do not have access to your financial information), I'm thinking this might be a student loan?  If it is, the only thing that can be done is work on paying it off because student loans do not fall off the credit report, nor can they be discharged in bankruptcy.  They remain collectable, still accruing interest, like forever!  

It is worth noting that I tried to dispute it because of how the debt came to be but it was not removed. It shows on Equifax and Experian. 

It is not an actual student loan, and I apologize, I should have known that this might be confused as such. I was enrolled in school, finished my associates and mapped out my bachelors conituation and got enrolled in my first 2 classes. 8 days into them I dropped them. The school never got funding for the new classes because they did not get me unenrolled in time. The federal loan never came through so this amount is due directly to the school but does not show up on my credit with my other student loans, nor does things like forebearance and income based repayment affect this account like it does my student loans.