Question

wmblnknshp

What would benefit me more Chapter 7 BK or a debt consolidation program?
I have roughly 10K in unsecured debt several thousand of which is the leftover from a repo. I have retained a bankruptcy attorney and thought chapter 7 would be the best way to go, but I do not know if that is the best solution.. I am 22 years old and would like to be buying a house with in the next few years. My current income is roughly 54K a year. Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Most Helpful Response

10 K in unsecured debt and 54K annual income??  There is absolutely NO reason why you cannot pay those debts off within a couple of years!!  Use the Debt Repayment Calculator program on  this site to figure out a workable plan to do so.  Trim the "fluff" from your living and get with a realistic program.

At 22, you have a long life ahead of you and a lot to learn.  Bankruptcy may be considered for those with secured debt (house, for instance) but not unsecured debt.  Pay those off.  That will help your credit score so that, eventually, you can buy a house.  If you can't pay these bills off now, you are certainly not ready for the responsibilities of home mownership!!