Question

samhahn

What would be the best option for me to get money from my home? Any advice appreciated.
My home was about $410k when I bought it. I have about $325k left on it. I have started new business and it is slow and I know I will need some fund to survive the rainy season without messing up my credit history. Chase.com valuation gave me est $460k while zillow gave me $480k. My current credit is good to excellent.

I have 2 credit card balance I am thinking about transferring to 1 with 1 yr promo interest rate to save $ and lower the DTI ratio unless not recommended. Main expense is student loan and auto loan which adds upto about $1400 a month. Another main expense is mortgage payment which is about $1800 a month.

I am thinking about 10 year term instead of 5 if there isn't that much difference in terms of monthly payment. If things work out well than I would prefer to pay it off faster by paying more every month. When I looked around, there are so many options like refi/cash out, HELOC, and home equity loan. I am assuming HELOC would not be a good option for me due to loan term? What would be the best recommended method for me to get most cash from my home? Thank you for any advice.

Rent out a room.

Rent a room to someone who can pay on time if you want to get money out of your house.