Question

krkrlm7

What will mortgage lenders look at on my credit report
Last year I got behind on some bills because i wasn't making very much money and had a lot of attorney bills to pay and just couldn't make ends meet. Now I am making more money and have caught up on my bills, but a few things went to collections last year. I owe $800 to verizon, $150 to charter cable, $2,000 to rise credit and a couple hospital bills for $3,000 each. On the plus side i paid off an old student loan for $3,000 and paid of my credit card. Now, i want to get a house and im wondering if i should pay those things off or if my score is high enough does it matter. I make about $40,000 a year now and have worked for the same employer for 2 1/2 years.

Most lenders will not consider you for a mortgage loans if you have open collections on your credit reports. So, you will probably want to work at cleaning up your credit. Do some reading on PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENTS.

Remember that what is on your credit reports is just as important as scores.