Question

malzma

what will happen to my score if I cancel Walmart card I just was approved for?
Help!!! I have some difficulties due to brain trauma. I signed up BY ACCIDENT for a Walmart credit card. I instantly. WROTE to them IMMEDIATELY, yet they still processed the card.. There is a zero balance on the new card, but paid for my purchases with my Chase visa. Because they pushed this card through, my credit score went from 737 down to 682 instantly. I have been working so hard to get my credit score up, and am horrified by all this. MY QUESTION... CAN I CANCEL THE WALMART CREDIT CARD WITHOUT MY CREDIT SCORE GOING DOWN EVEN LOWER??? IF YOU COULD JUST ANSWER THAT ONE QUESTION, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I HAVE NEVER REALLY WANTED THAT CARD, AND WILL NEVER USE IT. PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK ASAP SO THAT I CAN TAKE CARE OF THIS, AND REGAIN SOME OF MY PEACE OF MIND. THANKS SO MUCH, AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

How many active accounts do you currently have on your credit reports? If you have only a few, it may be best to leave this card open. You've already got the ding for the Hard Inquiry and there is no undoing that. The score drop you experienced is utter nonsense, your FICO scores surely did not fall that much for that. Watch your FICO scores in addition to any non-fico scores like you get here. Most lenders use a version of FICO, those are the scores to be concerned with.

Your score will drop

Your better off keeping the card