Question

Theqwe

What will happen to my credit score?
I have chase credit card who reported me for late payment past due 90 days and closed the account. I didn't know I had a balance ok the card and they never mailed me anything since I was paperless, reason I ever checked is because I hardely ever use this card. I tried to talk to them to try to take it off but they kept refusing, few two days trying and no luck with them. Now looking at my score it went from 802 to 680, I was never late for any payments or loans, this is the first time ever. What can I do to get my score up to to have that removed? Oh by the way, I paid the balance I had imediately once I found out and still won't take it off. Any suggestion? How will my credit score look by the next 2 months?

Most Helpful Response

Usually your scores would see some improvement when you bring its statues up to "current", meaning when you paid all the outstanding balances/fees. But since it's already closed and probably is charged-off as well? Then I wouldn't expect your scores to change much in near future.

JohnnyRain127

Just a side note, don't take this as preaching to Op, but it's good practice for everyone to check our accounts on an regular basis, for nothing else? Just to see if the accounts were been compromised or not. Personally, I check all my accounts at least once a week, takes about only 20 minutes to check all 26 accounts.