Question

2wealth

What will happen if I begin making immediate payments on my outstanding credit card debit?
I have a credit score of 600 and a singe credit card debt of about $900 that is at a collection agency, what will happen if I begin to make payments on this?

It will help your score somewhat, but unless you get some good open credit (like a credit card, secured or unsecured) it won't do you a whole lot of good.  Work on both and your score will improve.

Some people say paying debts in a collection agency is bad unless you get them to remove the bad record. Except I paid my old bill in collections and my score went up (it still shows the delinquent account, but it says it's closed).

It'll help to get a new card to rebuild payment history (but do it ONLY if you won't be tempted to overspend!). If you have to get a secured card, it might be wiser to spend your first disposable funds to open the secured card before paying bills in collection.