Question

bigred2025

What type of loan should I get?
I found a house for $20,000 I'm interested in. My credit isn't great but I have enough to make a $6,000 down payment. Should I go with a home loan or should I try to get a personal loan? Any advice for a first time home buyer would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

A mortgage would be the best way but, if you do not have a good score, you may not be able to get any loan even with a down payment.  I suggest reading the articles here so you can learn how credit works.

Ask the seller if they would carry the loan on the home you desire.   You should go for whichever loan you quality for that would charge the least amount of interest.