Question

Nickels523

What to expect from a paid down utilization?
I had a 92% utilization rate on a $1000 cc which I paid down to 20% then got a $500 CLI. How much if any will this impact my score?

I am assuming CLI stands for Credit Line Increase?  Is this already factored into the 20% utilization?  Having under 30% utilization will help your credit score - and it is usually a fairly big driver.  Hopefully you will see a sizeable move when the reports/score gets updated next.  Congrats on paying off all that debt!

Nickels523

Thank you. I had a 30% utilization and then got the $500 increase so it will put my utilization around 19%. I see all over where people say they got 10 - 85 points and I'm hoping for 50 lol.

There have been many reports recently on this board of people being penalized by Vantage for lowering their credit card balances, that said, I don't know what to tell you to expect on here. But the good news is, that your FICO scores will improve and they are the important scores as that is what most lenders use.

Nickels523

Good! I'm after the fico improvement.