Question

akp8

What to do with credit account opened for a mattress that has been paid off? Will it hurt my credit?
Okay, so in September of 2011 I opened an account with "Sleepys" for my mattress for no interest if paid off within a year. I paid it off in the year which is great but, now on my credit score account it shows it as an open credit card account with a balance of $0. I guess what I am asking is does it hurt my credit if I am not "utilizing" the credit on this account? Do I cancel the account somehow, leave it or try to utilize it somehow (its a GE Capital account)? I look forward to some advice because my credit score is not too bad (685) but, I would like to improve it, or at least keep it there, as it has gone down due to the age of my credit cards which are almost two years for each. Thanks!

Since it shows the account paid off, it's a good mark on your credit report and you should be glad it's there.  Credit accounts will be posted on your credit reports for at least 10 years, at which time they'll drop off according to federal rules.  You can't change it so you want to make certain you continue paying all accounts on time so your good marks will keep adding up.