Question

emldo

what to do with a 2yr delinquent credit card balance?
I went through a rough time a few years back and had about 4 accounts go into collections. I made settlement offers on three of them last year, and have one remaining. The full balance is $2500, and Im probably going to settle it for $1200. I hear conflicting information about whether or not I should even pay it, as it has already screwed up my credit and will continue to do so for several years. My gut tells me to settle it; its my debt and I do want to make good on it. Any advice on what to do from here? Ive already got the other 3 accounts reporting a settled balance and would like to avoid any more. I am reading comments on here about creditors "deleting" information, is this something that would apply in my situation?

Send them a settlement offer in writing and see if they will do a "pay for delete."  If they do, GREAT!!  If not, at least you tried.