Question

womanstouch

What steps do I need to take to get something negative rmoved?
My credit score took a dive in the month of 10/14 due to 1 late payment to Amazon. It was just an error and as soon as I became aware of it I paid it and it is now paid. Why have I been punished so harshly for 1 late payment that was paid as soon as I became aware of it right after the 30 day mark? And how do I get my excellent credit score restored?

Try writing a letter to Amazon as a good faith gesture, if they would remove the late payment.  If this is your first mistake on this account then they should be willing to honor your request. Keep in mind that legally they don't have to.