Question

tallbubba

What should I do with a large gift I am receiving?
My grandfather recently sold some stock and is planning on giving some to his family. I have ideas but I don't know what is best. The gift will be $7500-$15000, i don't know the exact amount.

I have $140k in student loan debts, currently in forbearance due to being back in school.

I have a car loan for $20k.

I have about $7000 in credit card debt. Some of this is shared with my husband.

I have some medical and other assorted bills in collections.

I have a repossessed car I am slowly paying back.

Here is my plan.

1) $2500 into a CD or Savings account. (I will be moving cross country in about 2 years and need to save for that.

2) $2500-$4000 to current credit card debt (Highest interest card first)

3) $1500-$2000 to current collections account. (Small ones first, portions on other ones)

What should I do with the rest, if there is any left.

(Note: I don't need to be told I have a lot of debt, i was stupid in my 20s and now I need to pay for it. So please refrain.)