Question

bigcuban

What should I do to raise my score for a new car.
Okay, I need some help. I'm thinking of getting a newer car somewhere between 2013 and 2015. I have a question though with it in reference to my credit. My current credit is at 696 at the moment according to CK, Discover also tells me my FICO which I had a 730, I have no clue what my Experian is.

I currently have 3 credit cards. One with Citi which I only owe 405.00 out of $1,000. I have a Discover card where I owe 170.00 out of 2,000, and then I have a Chase which I have 0 APR until October which I owe the most, 1,780 out of 2,000. I hear that if I can somehow raise my credit score to above 730 or so I should be able to probably receive an APR of under 3% or so. So here is my question I have 440.00 that I can use right now to pay off some debt I'm hoping if I do that it will raise my credit score quite a bit here is my question do I pay off Citi completely? If I pay it all off will my score soar quite a bit? Or should I worry about cc utilization and instead put those 440.00 toward my Chase card and lower my utilization on one card? What will help my credit more?

Most Helpful Response

credit utilization

The credit scoring model looks at the balances on all cards by percentage.  So, paying all cards down to the lowest possible percentage of usage is more important than paying a single card down (unless that single card is max out and paying it down will bring it in line with the remainder of your balances by %).

Hope that makes sense.  let me know if you need additional info.

Thanks,

Joe