Question

CKRose1962

What should I do about my mother's debts?
My mother died in October (2016) and she left some bills unpayed. They are in collection now and are being mailed finally and now showing up on here, Credit Karma. I am only 23 years old and never had to deal with this process before. My mom did it for my dad 21 years ago and I never got around to ask what the process for these type of things, because I wasn't excepting her to die so suddenly. So I am clueless on how to go about with these collections. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank You!

So sorry for your loss and having to ideal with this issue.  If your mother had life insurance that covered more than her funeral expenses, anything above and beyond those expenses is pro-rated among the debts. Same for any savings accounts.  If there is nothing left, there is nothing to give them.  You do not have to pay the debts out of your income.