Question

hchiuraz

What should I do about a 3 to 4 year old charge-off?
Hi everyone. I have.. er.. had pretty good credit. It was in the 800s. But, when I was 17/18 I had a card that did not fwd me bills when I moved a lot (in college). My mistake.. I know. Now my credit is around 600-650. Anyways. Now its a charge off that shows as paid. I want it gone if possible. Should I hire a credit repair service?

I disputed it with the equifax and they then changed the 1200 outstanding balance to paid. But, I think the dates reported for the 1st major delinquincy are wrong, and they wont change it. What should I do? If your advice is "it's stuck there"... well.. thats my reality right now so it isint particuarily helpful. However, if anyone has had a similar problem and resolved it, please help! Or, if you can recomend a possible solution.

let it drop off it will disappear after 5 years

hchiuraz

Isin't it 7 years?