Question

donh1948

what should I do about 2 unknown inquiries?
My credit score recently went down by 48 points with 2 unknown inquiries. How do I find out who they were?

Inquiries only cost you aboutt 4-5 points, no way you lost 45 points from inquiries.  With that being said, the numbers you get here are just for your entertainment and education (although not very good at it, I'm afraid).  To find out about all inquiries, go to www.annualcreditreport.com and pull a credit report from one of the three bureaus (to try and match up what shows up here, use TransUnion).  Everyone has their own credit scoring models and it is very frustrating because the only true score that matters is FICO.  There are only 3 ways that I know of to get your FICO score - 1. apply for credit or a mortgage (bad idea) 2. apply for a Discover IT card (they give you your FICO on your statement, but still not a great idea if you're not wanting another credit card) 3. purchase your FICO score from www.myfico.com.  Lots of things go into your credit score, so more than likely there are other things going on you're not aware of.  Pull your report and dispute any errors (you can dispute from that same website).  Best of luck!