Question

dynomitepat55

What score is it, that they use for getting a mortgage?
The score I see on Transunion was 647, but yet the Credit Union said it was 599 when I applied for mortgage. Is the 599 the fico score? How do I see my Fico score? And do you go about raising it the same way as the other credit scores? Why in the heck they have 2 different scores......its deceiving.....Thank You for any information in advance.

Most Helpful Response

You can ask the Credit Union. You have the right to know who did an inquiry to any of your credit reports. Different companies have different ways to calculate the score even when they use the same credit report. You won't have FICO score unless you get it directly from FICO. Even the big 3 now have their own score in addition to their FICO score, which might have tweak from the original version. Their is one thing in common for all scores. They all are based on a credit report. So I am repeating myself here, as I answered to some other questions. If you efficiently manage your loans, your credit report will be better every month and your credit score will follow to raise. The score can fluctuate, but it will raise eventually.

Its a different score than what we see

My score I see is 647, my mortgage scores were 599, 609, 601.  Im trying to find out how to see as I improve my score, the Mortgage Scores. Anyone Know How or what it is called?  Thank YOU.

Mortgage score is diffferent.........

Thanks, but I want to know  what the MORTGAGE score comes from. It is around 40 points lower than the score we see on the credit reports.