Question

Tartersauce

What more can I do???
I have never missed any payments (I usually overpay, in fact) on all of my existing credit lines. I have a credit card, a store credit card, an auto loan, and a personal loan, and my debt-to-income ratio is great. And yet my credit score is not "poor" -- it's "very poor". I realize that I'm only 21 years old, and I accept that things will be a little rocky to start out with, but this is insane. Four different financial institutions, two of which I bank with, have denied my applications for any kind of loan before even asking to see payment histories or get a cosigner. I can't obtain a mortgage. The only option, it seems, is to get another credit card with an astronomical interest rate. Can someone please offer some advice?

If you are paying more than the "balance due" as shown on a credit card statement, you are actually hurting yourself because it reduces your "utilization" score.  Please read the articles (see left side of page) so you can see how to manage your credit more effectively and raise your credit score. At the same time, your interest rate will decline over relatively short time. Credit Karma was set up to do one thing the educational system hasn't touched and that is teaching people how to build credit and properly handle it for a much less stressful life. The articles and tools on this site can help.