Question

BillSU

What may I do about a late payment to Macy's reported by Equifax? Trans Union 808, Equifax 775.
May I contact them and determine if the late payment may be forgiven? They are reporting one late payment to Macy's a card I have had for a long time. I do not know how long this will affect my credit score but would like to adjust things to the positive if possible.

Resolution?

Were you able to get your late removed? I have a similar situation.

Thanks

Yes

If you have good payment history and this is the only late payment, you should be able to get the late removed. Contact a manager in the credit card department and explain your situation and ask if they would as a goodwill jesture remove your one and only late payment. Note: to prevent this from happening again link your credit cards with your bank account to have your cards auto debited for the minimum amount due each month. I'm not saying pay the minimum but having this done you will NEVER be late again. I hope this helps!