Question

BeckonDiGaetano

what kinds of claims are companies allowed to file for collections?
My credit card company dialed a claim for me and won. I received that money back. Now the company I disputed with is asking for the money and threatening to seems it to collections if I don't pay. Can they do this?

Just because the CCco reversed the charg

The Seller does have a right to try and collect. 

Was merchandise returned or a service denied?  Did you actually receive something that had tangable value? 

Just because the Credit Card co reversed the charge does not let you completely off the hook.  The Seller does have a right to try and collect if they did not receive the merchandise back or cancel a service,  They can file collections on it to try and recover their loss. 

If you actually owe the money, you should be paying the account.  The only reason an account goes to collections is the the party who charged the purchases is not paying, so the credit card company eventually tires of doing the collections themself and sell the account to a collection agency. It is VERY legal.