Question

Djr8095

What is your employment status on a credit card application if you're disabled receiving SSDI?
I'm in my 30s and "permanently disabled" but did work long enough to qualify for SSDI so I have a regular income plus some money saved in the bank. I never know how to respond on a credit application to "Employment Status" though since there is rarely a choice for disabled and I don't want to put unemployed since that looks irresponsible. I'm not sure if I should choose retired since I'm getting Social Security but it probably looks suspicious since how many people retire in their 30s with a lower middle-class income? I got approved once when I checked "homemaker" but that's rarely an option either. Any knowledge on the best approach is appreciated.

'Other", 'retired". They have ways to verify your income/source.