Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

KellyM12345

What is up with the auto insurance score?
My auto insurance score was good in February (really it should have always been better than just good), but now it has gone down to fair in May. We have had no auto insurance claims - except 1 for hail damage probably 7 years ago. Our score on Credit Karma is 768, Equifax 805 & FICO through Equifax 811. Our homeowners insurance score is 909.

This auto insurance scoring makes no sense & I think it is total BS. Who do we talk to or complain to about this? Don't say it has to do with driving record either b/c in addition to no claims we have no tickets, etc....

Credit Score UP Insurance Score DOWN

VERY CONFUSED, it says clearly that there is a direct correlation between my credit score and my auto insurance score but my credit score went up and insurance scores when down at greater rate?   Anyone have better understanding why taking steps to improve your score would hurt your insurance score?  I think there might be a site issue that should be addressed.  

I was testing the site so to speak and doing the activities it stated to improve my score, was pleasantly surprised for everying I accomplished, BUT then noticed my insruance score dropped down 50+ points, it's suspect to me.   %-)

I'll keep watching and testing. 

Reality check.

Don't put to much credence in the scores on here. They are only a guide. 

The info here is based on TransUnion  but my score today my TransUnion credit report is 64 points higher. 

Use this site for education and monitoring. Don't base your credit choices on the info found here. everyone needs to use a variety of resources while rebuilding their credit. 

Don't sweat it!!

It is just an "additional piece of information" that actually has no bearing on your credit score.  I don't understand all the things that make up these additional scores, and don't really care to.  I'm happy with my insurance coverages and that's what counts.