Question

tma929929

What is the quickest way to remove disputes from my credit report?
I have 9 disputes on my credit report that need to be removed immediately. I am in the middle of buying a house and the bank wants them removed before they will proceed with financing a house I am trying to buy. It will cost me $1,800 to have them removed within 5 business days. I'm told I can do this myself but it will take 30-45 days to come off my credit report.

Do I spend the $1,800 to move the mortgage process along or should I give up on the house I am trying to buy, remove the disputes myself, and wait 60 days to then find another house to buy?

9 disputes is a lot...

It takes a certain amount of time to remove all disputes or "Issues". Here is a quick timeline:

You can go to www.annualCreditReport.com and get all three credit reports for free. These will include information on how to dispute "Issues"

I believe that once you dispute them with (Experian, Equifax and/or Transunion) the creditor has the 20 day to negate your dispute.

So unless you really do not want to spend that $1800.00, I think that would be the fasted way. PS. You are not sure disputing them will get these blemishes removed.