Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

Nrmar17

What is the quickest way to get rid of my student loans and debts
I have student loans that I was told I didn't have to pay back now I owe over 10,000. If I wanted to get rid of the student loans completely what would I have to do? Also I owe debts but its not high as my student loans? Im not working at the moment so I can't make payment plans. What should I do?

Most Helpful Response

You have to let all creditors know that you are currently unemployed, otherwise they won't know and you can end the debt growing due to interest and penalties.  Unless you have something in writing stating you do not have to repay the student loans, you do have to repay them and they will not drop off your credit reports, nor are they dischargable in bankruptcy.  Contact your student loan servicer to see if you can get forebearance (the preferred choice) or deferrment.  That will give you a bit of breathing room until after you have another job. 

As for the other debts, look up Dave Ramsey's site so you can learn workable ways to repay the debts.  Notifying those creditors of your current situation is advised.. 

Quickest way is to Pay them Off. 

Only way to Pay them off is with Money

Get a Job,  or Part time Job(s) and start earning some Money and make those Payments.

If you set your mind to it should take about a year or less.

Get Going.  Get it Done.