Question

sikachu

What is the highest credit utilization to be able to get personal loan?
My FICO is around 622, my utilization is around 95-97%, and I'm looking to get $15,000 to consolidate my credit card debts. I keep getting rejected by all the tools that CK advises (even they knew that I want to apply because of _that_).

So, does anybody have any idea how much I should low my credit card utilization so I can get a personal loan to consolidate my debt? Paying 21.5% on all the card is ... so unhealthy.

Thank you

Most Helpful Response

Lets see you signed up for the Credit Cards knowing they were going to charge you the 21.5%

You Maxed out your Credit Cards knowing you were going to be charged the 21.5%

you don't need a new loan to pay for the credit card debt you already have.  

Google Dave Ramsey and the 7 Baby Steps,  maybe get one of his books while you are at it.

And start reading

you got yourself in a deep hole and need to dig your way out.  The 7 baby steps work.

Good Luck

sikachu

You're right. This was actually leftover from the time when I got 0% promotional APR though ... I carried the balance, then just realized that I'm now in the deeeep trouble.

Thank you for the tip. I guess I just need to fix this by myself without trying to get the personal loan. I'll go read that and try to follow his suggestion.

And start reading

Good Luck