Question

nmdr0913

What is the Capital One membership fee?
I was approved for the Capital One Platinum Card. I had an account in collections a year ago due to everything (lease, utilities, and wifi) under my name and my roommates wouldn't pay (I didn't understand credit). On the site, it said $0 intro fee and $19 thereafter. I applied and was told I had to wait 5-7 days for my application status. I called in to ask if I was approved and I was. I never received terms and conditions and was charged a $39 membership fee (which is annual). When I called, they said the offer is subject to credit approval, but it doesn't say anywhere on the site. I never received these terms, as well. Can they do that? Is the membership fee seperate from the annual fee? They weren't really clear on that.

I also have the CapOne Platinum. The membership fee & the annual fee appear to be one in the same.

rsumner

I was under the impression that there wouldn't be an annual fee & was just charged $19 out of nowhere.

Capital one credit cards

I was told that the membership fee is charged because of all the protection one has for using the card.  It is stated in one of the sections the I could not find.  By saying there is no annual fee and then charging a membership fee this card is not worth using.