Question

BunnySneeze

What is the best way to repair credit after a recovered reposession?
4 years ago I had my car repossessed but recovered the car the next day. Since then I haven't had a single late payment on my car loan or any of my credit cards. Everything I'm reading says repos don't fall off for 7 years, but I'm going to start shopping for a house next year. What steps can I take to have it removed from my credit before the 7 year mark?

All credit is reported for 7 yrs.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act, a federal regulation, requires that all credit transactions be reported for 7 years.  At that time, it will drop off the credit report and there is no way to shorten that time for a legitimate report.  Sorry.