Question

mmcc86

What is the best way to remove collections off your credit report?
Hi everyone! I have been rebuilding my credit for the past year and if feel like it's stagnating a bit. My trans is 599 exp 598 FICO 606.
I have 3 collections on my account. 1 is closed, 1 is getting paid off (last payment on 9/14) and the other one just appeared on the report and is for less than $50. Would you consider hiring a law firm like Lex Law in order to give a boost to your credit? or any agencies for that matter? Or simply paying them off and dealing with deletion would be enough. For instance how would i proceed for the closed collection.

Thanks a lot in advance ;)

I suggest that you spend some time reading about the subject and then handling matters yourself rather than throwing money away to a company that can do no more than you can. When dealing with collection accounts you always want to try "pay for delete" agreements. This is when you get them to agree prior to your payment to remove the account in exchange for your payment. For any collections that have already been paid, you want to send them a "goodwill letter" asking for deletion of the account or if you can find any incorrect information associated with the account then you could dispute it and hope for deletion rather than a correction.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do some reading on "Pay for Delete Agreements" and "Goodwill Letters to Creditors" and all credit topics in general.