Question

kelseyjlang

What is the best way to consolidate my students loans
I have so many different monthly payments with my student loans they are hard to keep track of and I am always getting calls from them to pay my bill. What is the best way to consolidate all them so I only have one monthly bill?

Most Helpful Response

If you have federal student loans, they are all done through the following link. As you go through the process they will list out all eligible loans you have that can be consolidated through the government.  The great thing about this consolidation is that they use an equation of your current rates and balances to work out an interest rate that ends up essentially being the same as you would pay as is.

http://www.loanconsolidation.ed.gov/

If they are private loans, normally your servicer will have a consolidation loan you can discuss the terms with them. Or you can seek out a private consolidator of your own I believe.