Question

boondocksgal

What is the best way to build poor credit up?
My credit score is right below a 600, and I am looking to get in the 700's as soon as possible, so that I don't have to have a co-signer for everything I get. I am also trying to purchase a house within the next two years, so I need a higher score. I have a secured Mastercard that has been helping me build my credit up, but I was wondering if there is anything else I can do, and is there certain rules to using a secured card that helps build your credit quicker than usual? Thank you in advance for the help!

Most Helpful Response

If there are no negative items on your credit report, then building up good credit is the only option you have.  You can get a second secured card to help build up your score if you have the funds; but time and good payment history on your current card is probably your only bet right now.  For lots of great info on building credit, visit www.credit.about.com.  No need to sign up, and tons of great articles for every situation.  Also, be aware that you don't need a good credit score for a great mortgage, visit www.naca.com, they are a legit non-profit group.  Best of luck!

Good Business

One more way that can help you big time take out a loan not a bank loan this is where you used your own money if you have a $1000 Dollar put it in the bank then take a loan out on your money pay it back slowly it well you build your credit up this is the best way to get more out of it, God Bless.

Good Business

It well just look like a bank loan that look good for you .