Question

Skateboarding2

what is the best store card to get

Most Helpful Response

That is a personal choice based on what you like and the benefits you might get.  I got a Macy's card last year but will not be using it any more since the store here closed.  Besides,the interest rate is high.  I prefer sticking with a Visa or Mastercard since most stores accept them.

It depends where you shop. Regardless, you should never charge more than you can pay off. Paying interest is wasted money. Many Visa, American Express, and Mastercards offer rewards and perks. I know Lowe's store credit card offers 5% off everytime you charge. At 24.99% interest though; you'd better pay that off before the. end of the billing cycle. 

I think the Lowes card charges interest from the time of purchase doesn't it? I thought I read that before when I was thinking about applying for one.

There is no best store card. Just think of some of the places you shop frequently. Some of the benefits you want. Use that to decide which store card you may want to get. For example I love to play video games. I buy all my video games at bestbuy. I'm considering applying for a my bestbuy visa in the future as it will offer me 5x points on my purchases there compared to the 2x I'm getting right now with their standard reward program and being a GCU member. Where do you like to shop ?

I would avoid store cards all together. If you are looking to build credit, get a Secured credit card from a lender like Capital One.