What is the best method for paying off multiple charges to one company?
I have been doing some research on getting my credit score up as my husband and I would like to buy a house pretty soon and have learned quite a lot but know that I still have A LOT left to discover. I have found out that simply paying off your debts will not do much good unless you get the credit company to actually delete the charge on your credit. The 'pay and delete' method. I also understand that you need to get a letter from the company on letterhead (at least this is one method, there are others, but this is the one that would work best for us at this time) stating that they will in fact delete the charge once you have paid it, thus raising your score. My question now is this, if, say, company A owns three different charges, such as $100 to a credit card, $200 to a medical bill, and $800 to a school (not a student loan), Is it best for me to call the credit company, get the letter stating it will be deleted and pay all three charges at the same time or can I pay one at a time? If I can do it one at a time, will I need to get a letter for each item? I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can before I start contacting these companies. I want to have all my ducks in a row before I call so that they can't surprise me and end up screwing me over because I was missing a good bit of advice. Thank you for any help you can offer!