Question

Sally367

What is the best credit card for a student with high debt to income?
Hi, What credit card would you suggest for a person that has a high debt to income status?
My credit scores: 655 and 687 I have about $50,000.00 in student loan debt, $10,000.00 car loan. I have a credit card that has a $500.00 limit, kept with in the 30% usage range. I currently go to school full time and work part time. I have never had a late payment, always keep things paid on time. However, I have been denied because of my student loans.... Thank you for any advice!

I would suggest that you

may need to do a secured card rather than a standard credit card. If you have been denied with in the last year, you don't want to keep applying for new credit becuase it will only work against you in the long run. 

Most credit card companies offer student cards, but with your loans you are going to have a hard time getting approved.  If you could put away a few bucks out of each paycheck in a savings account and build it up so you have a substantial balance then use that to secure a new credit card that you can use to build your credit score.  Also,  Try to pay off that exisitng card of yours as opften as possible and let it report a 0 balance at least 3 or 4 times a year. That little trick will help to nudge your sfcores up a little faster.