Question

vhannah24

What is the best course of action when filing for Chapter 7
I am 24 with a pile of debt that I want to take care of so that I may buy a home a little further down the line. I really don't know how it got this bad but all I know is it causes me a lot of stress and is really embarrassing. I don't have that great of a job so it makes it impossible to pay off all the debt that way, I just don't even know where to begin or if I can even afford an attorney to file but I need to find a way to fix my debt/ start over because it is stopping me from moving forward in my personal life.

What is the best company to file either chapter 7 or 13? I would like to have the debt all removed and just pay the attorney. But I would just like advice on which is the best course of action.

Kill credit for 10 years!!!

A bankruptcy is NOT a "fresh start" as too many believe; it kills your credit and you have to totally rebuild from the ground up, and that is not easy.  Been there and I'm a whole lot older than you!!  DO NOT attempt any bankruptcy without the advice of an attorney and, if you debts are "unsecured" bankruptcy would be the stupidest idea in the world.

You don't understand "unsecured"?  Read the articles on this site because you need the credit knowledge provided here, or the rest of your life will just be one mess after another.

A bankruptcy attorney usually provides a free initial consultation and will give a lot of helpful advice to likely avoid having to file bankruptcy.  Listen and learn. You've got a long life ahead of you and you want to make it as stress free as possible. Avoid bankruptcy. Work a second job if needed and get your debts paid. Several here have recommended the ideas of Dave Ramsey.  Check his site out.