Question

DDB86

What is the best and FASTEST way to get things removed from your credit?
I have managed to get put in some tight spots in life by no fault of my own other than poor judge of character may I add. I have two broken leases (one of which I need to dispute because I paid the balance, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about that is). The rest of the stuff is just small stuff, 100 something here and there but the accounts are so old that they have been sold. Now I don't know who to pay, or even if I should pay them because some of them I'm not even sure if they are legit or not. Ive done a lot of reading about how these companies can jerk you back and forth even if you do pay them... I just don't feel confident enough to challenge these things on my own knowing there are so many loop holes that ultimately may just lose me money and not fix my credit...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Start by writing a letter to the credit bureaus reporting the collections and ask them to check the validity of the accounts, all your accounts that are in question. The ones that are bogus and old will be removed and the ones that are legit will stay.  Then from there you can contact the creditors and ask for a pay for delete agreement.  This is when you agree to pay the total amount in full as long as they remove the collections from your credit file permanently.  They legally don't have to agree to do so, try to be as polite as possible, ex "Hey how are you today? I'm well! Thanks for asking! I would like to pay off some bad debt and was hoping we could remove the items from my credit once I pay it in full."  MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE MONEY NEEDED RIGHT THEN AND THERE. If that don't work, then ask for a settlement offer, this is when you pay less the amount owed and it will be reported as paid as agreed.