Question

BH8489

What is the advisable for utilizing credit on a Visa Signature card?
My understanding is that Visa Signature cards do not report credit limits the same way as other cards. Say I'm approved for a credit limit of $10,000 on a Signature card: it sounds like that won't get reported to credit bureaus, so the bureaus calculate available credit / monthly utilization based on the highest monthly balance the card has ever had.

Sources:
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-worst-credit-card-to-rebuild-credit-visa-signature-preset-spending-limit-2013-3
http://www.moneyunder30.com/beware-credit-cards-do-not-report-credit-limit-credit-bureaus

Is that accurate? And if so, is it wise to spend as close to the assigned credit limit (i.e. $10,000) as possible in a month so that permanently utilization will be reported closer-to-correctly? If that is a good idea: is it better to pay off the $10k before the end of the statement, or pay it off once the statement comes? (Of course, it should be paid on time, the first time-- carrying a large balance over would be a bad idea for obvious reasons.)

I do not belive that is true.  I have 3 visa sigs and they all report a credit limit and what ever I leave to show as my balance.  For the record I would never carry a balance of 30% of my credit limit.  That is when you start to see your score go down.