Question

Naums92

What is SYNCB/DSGI?
I was looking at my credit inquires and I saw that I had one from a company called SYNCB/DSGI, what is this because I do not recall opening an account for this and I don't even know what it is!

Most Helpful Response

Probably a department store credit card

The SYNCB is GE Capitol's (GECRB) name after changing to Synchrony Bank (SYNCB).  DSGI is likely an acronym or abbreviation for the name you got the credit under.  GE/Synchrony the the actual money behind a lot of credit lines for consumer loans, car loans, and department store credit cards.

Some examples include:

SMRTCN = PayPal SmartConnection

GEMBB = Best Buy Card

MENSWR = Men's Warehouse

****'s Sporting Goods card. I have the same card and it is how appear in my credit Karma

"SYNCB/DSGI"  thinking this is ****s Sporting Goods

It is on my report but...

...I do not like and therefore do not use credit cards. I have 2 cards, thats it, I have not applied for a credit card in years so why is this on my report?

What is SYNCB

This is no more then a store card, SYNBC is a bank that gives you credit that can only be used with that store. Such as Wal-mart and Amazon, these two companies branch off of SYNBC for their store cards.

SYNCB/WALMAR

My partner has this card and put me on as a user on the account. I asked him to remove me and now it's stuck like a turkeys pin hole. each time I try to remove it from credit karma it directs me to log into capitol one.  what gives?

Do not think "GEMBB = Best Buy Card" has been part of GECRB now SYNCB for well over 4 years or longer now.