Question

J0rdi

What is my best option to delete this debt?
I have one collection account with National Credit Managment that originally came from my university. I was on a payment plan for the debt with my uni but then I became unemployed and the debt was sent to collections.

The debt is totaling $2664 and it dropped my score from 640 to 587. I have a decent paying job now and am paying off about $500 in credit cards a month and recently made a 2k payment to my highest interest and balance card! The CK app says that payment will jump my score back up a lot.

What is my best course of action for removing this debt? Has anyone had any experience with this collector before? Thanks for any advice!

Most Helpful Response

I just did a search for National Credit Management and they are a collection agency for student loans. You did sazy you stopped paying on the loan due to unemployment but that does not stop your obligation to repay the loan.  Student loans remain collectable until they are paid in full, no matter how long that takes. , Your only option is to contact this agency and set up a repayment plan and complete the payments,

J0rdi

Should I prioritize this over the 5k rest of my CC debt for raising my score the fastest?