Question

av112883

What is GECRB/PPEXTR as an inquiry on my credit report

Most Helpful Response

Sounds about right....

...I applied for a credit card through PayPal and that's what showed up. Hard to recognize as Pay Pal.   Knowing it would lower my credit score, I should have never done it.  They shove it down your troat every time you log on to Pay Pal, so I fell for it, even though I was trying to make all the right decisions to improve my score.  For those of you trying to improve your score and think you migh not qualify, stay away.  Bummer!

That should be the PayPal Extra MasterCard ( I think it's a mastercard , could be visa )
The accounts are managed by GE Capital Retail Bank. aka GECRB

Hope that helps.

Credit History takes Time, so does your Credit Score.

I did not apply for anything?

I just got an alert a hard inquiry was done today.  How do I find out the credit cards phone number to find out who is appling for credit with my ss#??  Anyone? 

search the ccd and call the ccd phone # then ask what date the transaction took place. Tell them if you did not apply on this date then it is identity theft and this is fraud.You will need a police report as well as a copy of the business transaction to file it as fraud. I had this happen to me and without a police report nothing can be done. Maybe you will need a fingerprint or id of the person who did this to you. Please call and research it you will feel better in the long run.Cause their are too many theives out their. Also, check where you last used ur ccd and try to match it with the transcation date someone imposed on your part. ok