Question

cajunpirate

What is considered an excellent length of credit history?
How many years of history does one need before it doesn't take away points from your credit score?

Why is my credit length with Credit Karma only 3 years? It took me YEARS to get my credit out of the toilet and now it's lower than i would think it would be. I bought my house 7 years ago, had school loans until 3 years ago, added credit cards to no avaial. CK only does 3 years - why?

CaptainMalcolm

I'm wondering the same thing but, based on what I've been reading here, it sounds like they take the average age of your accounts.

To learn how your credit score is calculated, visit www.myfico.com.  Good credit history builds up your credit score over time.  Negative history hurts your credit score.  Also visit www.credit.about.com and read under tab "Learn Credit".