Question

kpearson1991

What is better to do for a $5000 (collectively) debt? Debt consolidation or personal loan from bank?
Any experience with debt consolidation companies? Or is it better to go through my bank for a personal loan? There are a lot of scams out there, I am not sure where to turn. I do not owe a lot (5000) but would like to pay them all off and have one "lump sum" bill to pay. My credit rating is considered "poor".

If you go with a company, use a non-profit accredited counseling agency.  Just google it and you'll get a list.  I would try them first before getting a bank loan.