Question

Hammerjsr20

what is better, credit history, or low debt balance?
I am on my wife's credit card. it helps provide 16 years of credit history. the problem is there is a $20,000+ balance on the card. If I take myself off of the card i would lose the debt owed, but also the history. am trying to build my credit up, so which is more beneficial to my score? 16 years of history with a large balance? or no balance, and a 1-2 year credit history?

credit history....hold on to that card to your 2nd oldest card reaches 5 years then drop it...as long as you dont plan on making any major life changes ie:house, boat, car....