Question

derron14ron

What is another credit card company with similar incentives and benefits that I could apply for?
I applied for my first discover credit card and got declined because I have no credit history, P.S I am a 19 year old college student just looking to build my credit.

Most Helpful Response

Maybe AmEx's BCE/BCP? if you shop on-line frequently? perhaps Ebats Visa or Amazon store card.

-

However the chance for someone without any credit history being approved for a reward cards are extremely low, even for a plain vanilla no reward credit card? Would be difficult at best. If you looking to build credit? Then the safer bet would be a secured card or student credit card like CapOne's Journey. Some secured card do offer reward like BoA and or some local credit unions. Do yourself a favor, stay away from Credit One please, and always read the "terms and conditions" before you apply for any credit card.

Cap1 Journey. Directed towards students starting out.

Start out with a SECURED card from Capital One or another lender that reports to all three credit bureaus.

I too am new to credit card community. I want to rebuild my credit. I lost down to low scores due to my ex husbands stupidy. I just applied for a Cap1 Platinum and got approved for a $2000 line of credit. Interest rate is high on that card but will help me in the long run to be approved for a decent card with better benefits. I plan to pay off each month to build up to higher standards.