Question

KRIS898989

What is a SYNCB/GAPDC Account?
I was contacted by CK saying that I have a new account has been added to my credit report. It's call SYNCB/GAPDC. I don't remember opening another credit card or anything recently, but does this account have anything to do with the company Gap? I remember getting a new Gap card in the mail but did not think that card was a credit card.

Most Helpful Response

syncb/gapdc

Recently I found this card on my credit report... I called GAP Clothing customer service... While answering the reps questions he mentions a possibilty of being an authorized user on someone elses account...  I remember, in the details of my report, seeing those words (authorized user) and checked again to make sure and yes it was there.... he also said this WILL NOT affect your credit but appears on your report because someone has made you an authorized user of THEIR card. so whatever they owe etc is the card holders responsibility/credit affected not the authorized users.... hope that helps!

My account shows a closed SYNCB/GAP account. While I do have a gap card, it's opened and in good standing 

Charged for an unissued CC

Hi , 

I am encoutering the same situation here i am encountering late payment fee for a card which i had not availed it and it shows $60 to be paid .This is quite shocking , how can a person be chared for a non-CC , Can someone help here 

Thanks in advance 

same issue

I just opened my credit report and it shows this credit card and I have no credit cards at all!!!

DID YOU EVER GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS. I JUST RECENTLY OPENED UP CREDIT KARMA ACCOUNT AND I KNOW IT WASNT THERE BUT JUST CHECKING I TOO NOW HAVE AN SYNCB/GAPDC CARD (LUKLY IN GOOD STANDING) BUT I KNOW I DONT HAVE A CARD FROM THEM MOSTLY BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD GIVE ME A CREDIT LIMIT OF 5000. SOO I WAS JUST HOPING SOMEONE DID FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE AND HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING A HOLD OF THEM

Venomkiss

I have discovered a similar issue that I have been unaware of, I now have the same type of account showing. Said I have a $125 limit on a SYNCB/GAP account, was never used and has since been closed but, apparently this has been an ongoing issue since the account showing on my CK was opened in 2008 and I have never set foot in a GAP store.

Same Issue

I was just notified that I, too, have a "new account" with a balance but I don't shop the Gap

I am having the same problem. I never opened a SYNCB/GAPDC account and my report is stating that I have over $8000 on that credit card. I dont know who the company is to call and find out what is going on. I tried calling GAP clothing and they said there isnt a credit card opened in my name.

DANNY996996

THATS A GAP CARD