Question

TryingToRaise

what is a stop order on a wage garnishment?
So i had a garnishment on my wages, and from my understanding had around $8,000 left to be paid. I didn't have the garnishment on my last paycheck so I called my HR department ,and they just told me via an "IT Ticket" that: Nothing new came in for her. The last thing we have came in 6/2 and it was a stop order dated 5/28.

Does this mean I'm no longer being garnished?

It's possible the creditor was paid. Another possible scenario I can think of is, if the creditor didn't follow proper garnishment procedure and a court terminated the garnishment order.  I don't know if creditors have to revisit and send in paperwork periodically to keep a garnishment active.