Question

Masakari

What is a good credit card for someone who has no credit history to build some?
I am 24 and have no credit (no student loans, credit cards, etc). What is a card that I can get to start building my credit history? I have tried a couple, but so far have not been able to get approved.

Go for a secured card

Best bet is to get a secured card.  A secured card requires depositing a specific amount of money with a participating bank (some are listed on this site) and they grant you credit in that amount.  After several months of wise usage and excellent repayment history, they may change the secured card to an unsecured card with a higher credit limit.

I do advise you to be sure the credit card you choose will have the Visa or Mastercard emblem on the card.  Those are universally recognized.  It takes a bit of time to build a credit history but you can do it easily this way.